November 07, 2014

At Rest

At Rest, 8x8 oil

This past Monday I had the pleasure of getting outside to paint 'en plein air'.  After all the preparation (and then more preparation), for the studio tour, it was almost a self indulgent day of painting.  When I saw this boat with the duck relaxing in the sun, I knew that this was what I had to paint.

The studio tour was a lot of fun, as usual.  I met so many people; some who come every year and do the tour , and some who are new to the area and just found out about it.  Having visited a few studio tours, I think that the Burlington tour is top notch!  There's a good variety of items and styles among the artists to visit.  Thank you to all who came out this year, and for supporting local artists.  

While I was painting the little boat by the water, not too far away, standing at the base of a tree, was a handful of photographers, with lenses longer than my arms.  I went to check out what the attraction was.  Way up in the tree an owl was sleeping.  I took the photo below with my phone.  Unfortunately his eyes were closed.  Can you see him?



No comments:

Post a Comment