November 08, 2013

Daylight Savings

Daylight Savings, 8x8 oil

On Monday this week, I went out to paint at Princess Point in Hamilton.  It's such a beautiful spot.  I've never followed the trail all the way to the end since every time I go there I'm lugging my painting gear with me, but I will have to do the hike some time without my stuff.  Last weekend was daylight savings, so we gained an hour of daylight in the morning and lost and hour in the evening.  Painting in the afternoon turns into late afternoon when the sun is lower in the sky.  The colours are richer at that time of day, but change quickly. As I was painting, the scene was becoming more and more dramatic.  I wonder how many more times I can get out to paint before all the colourful leaves are gone.  Some of the trees are already starting to look bare.

No comments:

Post a Comment