November 15, 2013

Apples


Recently I had a friend come to visit from the other side of the country.  We've been good friends since college, but our lives went in different directions.  We don't get to see each other very often, but when we do it's like no time has passed.  When she was here, she asked me to teach her to paint, (she hasn't painted in years).  I really had to think about how I would do this since I have never taught before.  Breaking down the process and making sure I didn't skip over key parts.  I made sure I picked a subject that I knew well, and was at ease with, (yes, apples).  My demonstration was the painting above.  I painted step by step and she followed, asking questions as we went along.  It was a learning process for me as well as for her, but we were both pleased with the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment