August 06, 2013

July Paintings 2013

Well we're now a week into the 8th month of the year.  Four months until Christmas?  Wow, I can't believe it!  I don't know if it's just the Canadian in me, but I'm already looking forward to the cooler autumn days, with pumpkins and scarecrows everywhere, and rolls of hay scattered on the farmer's fields.  Maybe it's because the sunflowers are in bloom and the tall stalks of corn remind me that there is only a month or so left of summer.  Hmmm, I better get out there and paint!

In September I'll be participating in the "Painting a Day Challenge", (like I did in January this year).  I've got to get prepared, maybe plan a weekly theme.  I'm not sure how I should approach it yet.  I found in January, each painting I did brought ideas for my next painting.  However I approach it, I definitely need to clean my studio and get organised before I start the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment