May 07, 2014

Something Blue

Something Blue, 6x8 oil

A couple of weekends ago I went to a vintage marketplace in Hamilton.  What a treasure trove of wonderful (and not so wonderful), stuff.  You really had to have a good look to find the good stuff...which is half the fun.  I think, just because it's from the past doesn't make it wonderful.  Some of the clothes were quite hideous and in bad condition, and there were some well worn boots and shoes, among the gems.  I was lucky to find this set of pink cups.  They were sort of hidden behind another display, as if the owner didn't really want to sell them, but were certainly priced to sell.  I totally fell in love with them.

By the way, if you're wondering, that is a robin's egg, not an Easter chocolate, (as my husband thought as soon as he saw the painting).

No comments:

Post a Comment